Thursday, June 9, 2011

I am now an adult....please hold all applause until the end of our program

This is not a test. This is not a dress rehearsal. I am now a full fledged adult.
I have the bills, kids, marriage and age to prove it. I can no longer flirt with the idea that I am a "young" mom. It seems silly that turning one year older would really make any huge difference. It seems silly that turning 30 would somehow make me feel older or wiser but the truth is that in a weird way it does. Except that I just feel older. Not wiser. I couldn't stop asking myself, "Lily, what the heck have you learned about life in the last 30 years?" My first response to said voice inside my head was, "I know how to unclog a drain using baking soda!" The voice was not content with this proclamation and so I had the idea to document 30 things I have learned over the last 30 years. So here it is all trapped in a bloggy blog for your viewing pleasure. The truth is I have been thinking about writing for awhile. When I say awhile I mean a realllllly long time. The problem has always been me. You see whenever I think of the idea of writing on a blog I sort of internally cringe. Who would want to know what the hell I am thinking about? Why would anyone care to hear from me? So I am turning that idea on its head and convincing myself that this is just a vessel to capture life's moments-the good, the bad, the indifferent.

1 comment:

Galen said...

well I never knew that this blog existed before but I am sure happy that you are giving it new life. Since I am about to turn 30 two...love it!! Keep up the great work you have done amazing so far and will continue to light up the world (at least mine, your kids and Brian's of course) Love you Lil...cheers to old friends in the same town!!